We are currently looking for a Slickline Operations Manager to work on a permanent basis with an international oilfield services company in Brunei.
Responsible for running the day to day activities of the Slickline department to achieve company objectives
Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities;
1. Adhere, promote and train staff on Safety procedure and policies in accordance with safety management system. Including:
a) Active participation in workshop safety & toolbox meetings.
b) Active participation and contribution to workshop specific safety initiatives.
c) Report all hazards and unsafe acts.
d) Ensure third party compliance.
e) Actively promote positive safety culture.
2. Adhere, promote and train staff on quality procedure and policies in accordance with the ISO9002 quality assurance system. Including:
a) Ensure equipment is fit for purpose.
b) Raise corrective actions for all non-conformances.
c) Comply with work instructions.
d) Identify areas requiring improvement and / or audit.
3. Keep close eye on the revenue generated and assure achieving the targets, by closely working with the sales team to attend customer’s requirements.
4. Communication with the Operating Company’s Representative and Slickline Product Line Manager in understanding and carrying out the work requirements/ plans.
5. Ensure periodic checking / inspection/maintenance of the Slickline equipment are performed and in accordance with QA Work Instructions. Ensure inspection / maintenance data are filed properly.
6. Plan and implement contingency procedure.
7. Submission and discussion of Operations reports/logs to customers and internally.
8. Implement on job or classroom training of Slickline crew for their next level of progression.
9. Ensure safe working practice of the Slickline crew. Schedule and conduct Quality / Safety meetings.
10. Maintain close control on the expenses including but not limited to : personnel expenses , use of spare parts , job bonus ,…etc.
11. Perform spot field audits and participate in scheduled audit as the SME of Slickline..
12. Assure physical counts of assets and spare parts inventory is carried out accurately according to the system regulations.
Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Extensive skills in Slickline operations; Fishing skills;
- Communications skills;
- Hydraulic / mechanical knowledge;
- Has knowledge of API and other government / industrial regulations, codes and standards pertaining to Slickline operations;
- Safety / H2S and well control knowledge
- Driving license
- Basic computer skills
- Total Years Experience 20+
- Regional Expat, Brunei, Malaysia